But, they all love you and they need money. Cash, gold, spectacular temples etc are welcome at the discretion of the believer of course. More is better and Lord Venkateshwara's blessings are guaranteed, specially to those who "donate" the yellow metal to Pennsylvania. Limitations apply!
|Bollywoodization of Hinduism,|
its easier to sell Hinduism thru fun, dance and
entertainment. (ex: Dandiya Raas, classical
|The holy cow of Hinduism is Hinduism itself.|
Symbolism Gone Crazy And Way Obsolete
The one Hindu God, unlike God in other religions has several aliases. Male and female aliases; therefore Hinduism has goddesses, unlike other religions. To add to the confusion, Vishnu has avatars. Krishna and Rama are the popular avatars. However, Buddha is the important avatar. Not only an important avatar, Buddha is unarguably the greatest rationalist/Vedantist ever to set foot on Earth. And what do Hindus do? Sideline Buddha, even as the Western world adopts him. Performs rituals without understanding God. This is the greatest tragedy amongst the Hindus. Now why did the Hindus sideline Buddha? Answer: poor education or ignorance or planned orchestrated misleading by religious institutions, take your pick.
Hindu scriptures do provide an answer to this question, I just don't know what it is. Maybe I do, I will leave it up to you to find it.
Show me a picture of Brahman, the Hindu God, you say. Each of the thousands of dots in this image is an entire galaxy containing billions of stars, revealed in a region of space called the Lockman hole, which allows a clear line of sight out into the distant universe, as seen by the Herschel Space Observatory. So, the Hindu God does exist as described in the Hindu scriptures and it is formless indeed as shown by science in the picture below. Do you see a Vishnu, Shiva and Brahma in this picture? You don't because these fellows don't exist.
|This is Brahman, that is, many many galaxies.|
There is no other Hindu God but this.
There is no Vishnu, Shiva or Brahma etc.
All Hindu rituals are placebos, they do nothing.
Just in case, you are giving yourself a wedgie by interpreting this as an anti-Hindu post, then give your family jewels a break; there is nothing anti-Hinduism or anti-India here. Religion has much good to offer but only if you understand it, for what it is and what it is not, thoroughly by personal efforts.
Of course, you can dismiss all this as nonsense. Or do your own research and form your own conclusions. Or stop being an aszhole to your fellow human being or creature and you become as religious and worthy of Lord Venkateshwara's blessings as the best Hindu temple going fellow.
Some non-delusional Indians
- Jawaharlal Nehru, the first PM of India, was an atheist. “What the mysterious is I do not know. I do not call it God because God has come to mean much that I do not believe in. I find myself incapable of thinking of a deity or of any unknown supreme power in anthropomorphic terms, and the fact that many people think so is continually a source of surprise to me. Any idea of a personal God seems very odd to me.”
- So was Bhagat Singh, the freedom fighter.
- Swami Vivekananda's views on the numerous Hindu Gods is well known. He must have been an atheist who privately called out Hinduism as bogus.
- Akkineni Nageswara Rao of Tollywood is an atheist and
- Kamal Hassan is an atheist
- Subrahmanyam Chandrasekhar, 1983 winner of Nobel Prize for Physics is an atheist.
- Periyar E. V. Ramasamy, the 'Socrates of Southern Asia', was an atheist. He said, "Can mere bookish lore become knowledge? Can one become a genius through learning by rote? Why is it that educated persons endowed with the highest mental gifts - degree holders in general and science and degree holders in particular - believe that a mere stone is a God and prostrate before it" (Periyar does not explain this but there is a reason for Hindus believing in Vishnu, Shiva or Brahma even after knowing that they do not exist that's for another article.)
|Would you buy a building |
built without a foundation?
Would you buy a car
without an engine?
If no, then why do you
buy religions without a
|All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud,|
fear, greed, imagination and poetry. - Edgar Allen Poe
|Reincarnation, as implied in Hindu religious literature is nonsense.|
Once dead, always dead, remember that.
You will never be reborn.
Let live, that is Hinduism.
|The Lord first needed a gold necklace, |
Now, Sri Venkateswara Inc. needs a gold shirt
Next year, it will be gold underwear,
Then perhaps diamond nipples.
|"Hindu priests know very well that there are no Hindu gods||."|